Sunday, February 4, 2007

Nutrition in Israel


Good Morning my dear Readers,
Some of you have asked me about my nutrition in Israel. I usually start the day with a mixture of cornflakes and milk. As the day keeps going and we get closer to noon I sometimes grab a bite of Hummus and Pita, which is the national dish of Israel. If I am not happy enough to be invited for Dinner in the evening, then I sometimes prepare myself something to out.
I found that making hamburgers is very easy and tasty. So I went to the supermarket and bought this pack of 10 burgers to save some money. I usually fry them and then put them in between two slices of bread. Taim Meod.
Last week, when I was sitting with an Israeli friend of mine in my livingroom, I decided that it was time for my favorit dish again. I started preparing the burger and showed my friend the great deal, that I had made. It was first when she started laughing, that I realised, that something was wrong.
She eventually told me, that these were not hamburgers, but vegie-burgers.
While she was laughing out load, rolling on the floor, I felt like an idiot. It is not really the fact, that I did buy the wrong burgers, but more that I had been eating vegie-burgers the last 3 times, without noticing the difference. They tasted a little different, I agree, but still. Ohh well...
The lesson learned is: Learn more hebrew and beware the new kind of vegie-burger that looks and tastes just like the meaty version.
If in doubt about your homemade burger, rather go to Ewo Meat Burger down on Hillel street in DT Jerusalem, they serve good and tastfull, full unkosher cheese-burger with bacon! Beteavon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks